- To support teachers and youth workers to reflect on their own skills and confidence to engage with perceived controversial/sensitive issues and to consider key educational and social factors.
- To support the development of strategies to engage with such issues in ways which are professionally and educationally appropriate and effective.
- Have the opportunity to reflect on why some issues may be perceived as controversial;
- Consider ways of safely facilitating thinking around these issues;
- Enhance skills and confidence in addressing perceived controversial issues;
- Explore a wide range of strategies which are effective in addressing controversial Issues.
Course Cost: FREE
Course Date: 22nd January 2015 – 9.30am – 4.00pm
Course Venue: Training Room, Finaghy Youth Centre.